A Love for Healthy and Beautiful Smiles
As an orthodontist, I help make positive changes in the lives of those in our community. When a person has an aesthetically pleasing smile, they’re more confident. Watching a patient move from having orthodontic problems and challenges to being someone who smiles and laughs openly, is incredible. I help make that transformation happen, every day, and it never grows old.
Orthodontics, though, is not just about smiles. It’s also about developing a functional bite. Both are equally important to me. I enjoy correcting bites as much as I like creating dynamic smiles. When I gently align their teeth and correct the dental occlusion, the result is a beautiful smile that’s also healthy.
I am honored by the trust my patients and their parents place in me. I enjoy getting to know them personally. Each person is more than an individual with orthodontic needs: they are an individual who becomes a friend.
Education and Commitment to Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science, University of Alabama
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, Samford University
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine, University of Florida College of Dentistry
- Orthodontic Residency Emory University School of Post Graduate Dentistry
- Lifetime Board Certification by the American Board of Orthodontics
- Charter Member of the Five Flags of Pensacola Dental Study Club
Every year I participate in numerous continuing education opportunities at the local, regional, and national levels. Doing so ensures I am current on developments in technology, materials, and treatments. My patients trust me to deliver the highest quality care available; continuing education makes that happen.
I feel extremely blessed to do what I do and I love my profession. Therefore, I try to give back to dentistry and orthodontics by serving in leadership roles:
- Escambia-Santa Rosa Dental Association (Past President)
- Northwest District Dental Association (Past President)
- Florida Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Florida Association of Orthodontists (Past President)
- Southern Association of Orthodontists (Current President)
- American Association of Orthodontists
- College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Fellow in the American College of Dentists
- Served as delegate to the Florida Dental Association for 10 years
- Served as Director from Florida to the Southern Association of Orthodontics
Sponsorships and Community Involvement
I’m a Pensacola native. Spending time with my wife, Gloria, along with daughter Mandy, son-in-law James, and my granddaughters Lainey and Laurel, is a priority away from work. I also enjoy an occasional round of golf. I’m active in my church and serve on the board of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
Dr. Rigsby is your experienced Pensacola and Crestview, FL Orthodontist. Call one of our three offices today to schedule your first appointment!